Is the Medical Assistant Registered Apprenticeship Program a good fit for me?
Before you complete the Application of Interest, it’s important you understand the program expectations. Please read the following carefully.
The Medical Assistant Registered Apprenticeship Program is a one-year, full-time commitment; working additional hours or maintaining a second job is not recommended due to the workload. The program includes:
- Employment with one of the participating employers for 24 hours per week.
- Attending school part-time for 16 hours per week.
- Additional time for study and homework.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass a criminal background check
Attendance: Apprentices are expected to follow the attendance policy for the employer and school, arriving at work and school on time. If you have any planned vacations or leave time, please be sure to plan accordingly.
Childcare: You are responsible for making your own arrangements for childcare before the start of the program. If you need assistance with securing childcare, talk with West Michigan Works! career coach to obtain information or a referral to help you find childcare.
Additional information about the program is included in the FAQs.